Friday, October 31, 2014

Essick Air E35 000 2-Speed Tabletop Humidifier

The humidifer arrived in good shape, looked good, and fit nicely in front of my (unused) fireplace. I liked the idea of being able to bring water to the unit and to refill from the top, but I agree with another reviewer that the top is difficult to remove while keeping the filter in place and hard to reassemble if the filter has moved out of place. Upon turning on, I found that low speed did not work at all; unit would run only on high speed. Unfortunately the unit is noisy at high speed. I also found the although I could hear clicking at a low and high range when I turned the humidity knob, the unit would only turn on when I manually moved the knob to that high range setting. The only way the unit would turn off was when I turned off the fan switch. If I turned the humidity knob to a point below the high range setting, it would never turn on by itself, even though the humidity in the room was changing. I returned the unit and requested a refund.

No comments:

Post a Comment