Saturday, October 25, 2014

Miele : S163 Universal Mini Upright Vacuum

*Note that the same model is available on Amazon for a different price, I'm not sure why.

*The only difference between the S163 and S168 is the HEPA filter on the S168...I found it was significantly cheaper to buy the S163 and add the HEPA filer purchased separately.

It is extremely difficult to find a bagged stick vac. For those of us with allergies (or just aversion to dust) "bagless" vacuums are not attractive. Dumping the dust bin re-releases lots of junk (especially the smallest, lightest particles) back into the air.

I bought the Miele S163 simply because it was the only bagged stick vac I could find several years ago. I am thrilled with it. It has very strong suction and rolls easily across our hardwood floors. It does not blow or push around crumbs like many other vacuums, it actually picks them up on the first pass. The chamber is sealed and after several years of use the inside of the vac is literally like new, every speck of dust has been trapped in the bag or filter.

Because I only use mine on hard floors, I find I don't have to change the bag more often than our large canister vac (which we use for carpets). Even very dirty hard floors don't generate nearly as much "waste" as carpets, and I generally change the S163 bag every month, even though it's usually not full. I have a cat and two Cheerio-eating children and use the vac at least once per day.

Bottom line: this vacuum has kept my kitchen floor crumb-free for several years and shows no sign of quitting anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment