Thursday, October 23, 2014

CRYSTAL QUEST® Whole House Single 10" x 5.0" Water Filter System

I ordered this product because I had a tight space and wanted to fit a compact whole house filter under the kitchen sink to filter the cold water line to the sink. This unit appeared promising, having the right size and a reasonable price. This was handled by our GC as part of the work during a kitchen remodel. I am not going to get into the fact that CQ shipped the unit 1 week late even though they had promised me it would get here on time (which it didn't) and we had to juggle the remodel schedule at some cost to us.

The plumber that did excellent precise work everywhere else, spent 4 hours trying to get the nozzles on the unit to seal properly before he came to me and asked for the customer support number of the company. We both spoke with the support rep who claimed that there should be no problem. The issue appeared to be that the hex adapters that come with the unit were not sealing. The CQ rep insisted we just had to add more teflon tape and crank the wrench harder. I consulted with two other plumbers I know who concurred with the GC's plumber with the water pressure in our line there is no way that this would work because the threads in the unit head are NOT TAPERED! We ended up picking up another water filter locally that was pretty much the same. To make matters worse, CQ never responded to my subsequent requests for a refund and the unit is still boxed up in my garage.

All in all this was a very disappointing product and I would not recommend it or any Crystal Quest product.

No comments:

Post a Comment