Saturday, October 25, 2014

Kishu Charcoal Pitcher Stick

I live in Washington DC and our street water comes from the Potomac River. Yup what they flush in Cumberland or Harper's Ferry Maryland is what we get served to drink in the Nation's Capitol.

During dry Summers the faucet water gets visibly cloudy and even smells, really disgusting.

Your choices are to buy bottled water or use a good filter.

Being urban I do not have a car so I have to carry everything from the grocery. Bottles are a nuisance and expensive. And aren't those plastic bottles some kind of oil petrified in a state hat doesn't bio degrade well anyway? So I use filters. I have Britta and PUR.

With Britta I have to guess when they are used up plus half of the Britta pitcher is the "drip tank." So for the given volume you get half as much water.

The faucet mounted PUR is handy and has a light to indicate when it is used up. How does it know? Anyway both are not inexpensive and both result in tossing more plastic.

I learned about the Kischu from a news story I stumbled on on a Denver television station. I bought a couple and tried one out.

I use a covered pitcher really a non-PABA water bottle.

I pour my glass of water then add new and put back in the refer.

I drink over a gallon of water a day and after 3 months I have boiled it once.

( It began to look grayish until boiled )

Seems to work fine, no bad taste and the water is clear and no plastic to carry out!

I recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment