Friday, October 17, 2014

Husqvarna 125B 28cc 2-Stroke 170-MPH Gas-Powered Handheld Gas Blower

I previously owned an electric blower and then I had the Poulan Pro PPB300E that worked fine for the first couple of times I used it. Then for the next two years it was very hard to start, the engine would not run properly and had to keep it running mingling with the throttle and choke, and when it ran it did not seem to blow as it should have. Now it finally gave its ghost, the engine locked up. Since it was not worth fixing it, I went out and bought the Husqvarna 125B

I had a few surprises:

At the first touch I noticed how much lighter is than the Poulan. After mounting the air pipe and nozzle, although is so light, it feels "solid".

The starting rope can be pulled very easily. In fact so easy that at the first pull, I put my back into it and pulled so hard that I reached the end of the rope probably and the handle just flew out of my hand. I know... you're not supposed to do that, but it didn't seem to have hurt it.

It started at the third pull, which I think is great for a brand new motor.

Thereafter, I stopped and restarted as I was cleaning the yard several times, and every time it started at the first pull.

The air speed and the blowing pattern seem to be very good because the dirt blows away really fast, significantly faster than the other blowers I used.

I love the throttle being mounted on the handle as it gives you nice control over the air speed, especially when you are close to the finish and try to pile up the dirt. Also I love that it has a "cruise control" lever, which you can move to get the desired speed and then you don't have to hold the throttle, which is helpful on larger areas.

I see nothing wrong or that I would liked changed yet, so the only question remaining is how long it will last.

One note: I really do not see what is the difference between the 125B and 125Bx. The 125BVx is the same but comes with a vacuum kit.

______________________________

Follow-up note: August 5, 2011

I thought it may be worth noting that more than two year later the blower still works just as well as it did the first day.

No problem whatsoever, no maintainance of any kind, just filled the tank, done the work.

Although it doesn't start ALWAYS at the first pull anymore (when it's cold), the second or third (worst case) will do it. Still runs great and surely doesn't look its age.

When I'm going to need any other gardening tools, I will definitely stay with the Husqvarna brand.

Save 7% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment