Thursday, October 16, 2014

Thermwell Prods. Co. AC18H Air Conditioner Vinyl Side Panels

  • Thermwell #AC18H 2PK AC Side Panel Kit
  • THERMWELL

I learned a new word from the previous reviewer: "louvers." My louvers lasted more than two weeks last year, but for some reason they didn't last the A/C being in storage (in a back room of my apartment).

When I went to retrieve the A/C for this season, the louvers on both sides were split at the seams. And, having had the A/C in the window for several weeks now, the number of cracks/splits have increased so that both sides are totally useless (I'm guessing the heat from the sun cracked the vinyl.) I've now got foam side pieces wrapped in plastic on the outside of the windowsill (on both sides) to keep birds out, and I covered the vinyl panels with tons of packing tape to seal it, and then taped more foam pieces over the panels on the inside. It looks like "Sanford and Son," but it seems to work.

Still, I would definitely not buy this product. Perhaps contact your A/C's manufacturer to see if they can provide proper replacement parts (I also had to do some bending of metal clips with a screwdriver to get the panels to fit my A/C.)

But I agree with the previous reviewer: No good.

Save 75% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment