Tuesday, October 21, 2014

OSKAR Humidifier

I must be crazy for giving three stars. Here is a brief history of my experience with Oskar Humidifier:

FIRST UNIT. Works fine for one month, then the "no water" light came on even when the unit is filled. (Memo: Do not order from "Wizard Electroland." Seller refuses to reimburse shipping even though the item is defective. Amazon kindly intervenes.)

SECOND UNIT. Order from Amazon. Happy to have my brand new humidifier. Fill gently with water to the exact specified point. Turn "on." Item does not turn on. IT DOES NOT TURN ON.

THIRD UNIT. Order from Amazon. Kind of happy to have my brand new humidifier. It works fine for three days. Then last night at 5 a.m. it wakes me up with a tisk, tisk, tisk, risk sound. Sound mysteriously disappears; I fall back asleep and have bad dreams about humidifiers.

I also must be crazy for ordering three of these, but here is why: It is nearly impossible to find a non-ultrasonic humidifier. The design and size are perfect for my apartment. Cleaning and refilling (the most onerous parts of humidifying) are easy. It is made by a Swiss company (used to mean something) and they have very good customer service. (I contacted them for more detailed cleaning instructions than the manual provides.)

I don't know what else to say. In theory it is the perfect humidifier, but order at your own risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment