Saturday, October 4, 2014

iSpring 75GPD 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System

For an aquarium fan like me, a source of clean water is essential. I live in a desert town in CA. The city water could be the dirtiest in the country. The TDS meter reads 300-500 ppm in different seasons. I have tried carbon and PP filters but none of them could reduce the PPM to below 200. With some basic education about water treatment, I found Reverse Osmosis is the only cost effective solution. I spent some time researching RO filters on Internet and bought a WATTs unit three years ago. It did the work but later replacement cartridges cost me a leg. Then I found this wonderful seller. Its unit is very similar to WATTs. The seller implied it is made in the same factory that provide OEM for brand names. Both the unit and replacement cartridge are at fraction cost. With that in mind, I purchased one unit and a set of pre-filters-of-three. It worked like a charm so I came back to order another two for my mother and sister. The package arrived quickly than I expected. The cubic box is well packed and includes all parts and accessories, including the upscale chrome faucet, which I like the most. The one that came with WATTs has black plastic handle and looks cheap. I got a local plumber to help me hook it up. With the attached manual, installation is quite straightforward. I found the flow chart is very helpful in understanding how the tubes are connected, although the tubes are colored already. We were confused a bit by the flow-restrict valve that controls the clean/waste water ratio and so called 4-way valve that split clean and waste water. We called the seller and quite surprisingly, the phone was answered right away by a real person. She gave clear instruction. In less than one hour, I got clean water from faucet with a stronger flow than my old Watts. I could not wait to take out my PH-TDS meter. It reads PH7.0 AND 18ppm! This PPM is ideal as pure water is actually not that good for your body. The water tastes great. The full glass looks crystal clear with some cute air bubbles, with absolutely no odds and cloud. I feel it tastes even better than Arrowhead bottle water. My fishes and water plants are happy with the water too. It produces 50 gallons clean water out of about 150 gallons waste water a day. This ratio is much better than WATTs' one out of six ratio. I understand waste water is the nature of RO technology. Besides not buying any bottle water, I use the RO waste water to irrigate my lawn and make myself even a "greener" person. :) I hope the concentrated minerals would help reduce fertilizer use. Over all, this is the best RO filter at this price in the market. I would recommend to anyone.

Save 32% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment