Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Room Shocker

Last Monday my dog lost a battle with a skunk and came into the house before I realized she had been sprayed. While I got her back out the door very quickly, the die was cast, and she had gotten some of the "skunk juice" in the kitchen and adjoining areas.

I tried deodorizer from the pet store, Orange-Oxy, Mr. Clean w/ Fabreze, and Pet Odor Fabreze spray, during the course of the week. None worked, only straight vinegar misted with a spray bottle seemed to make a small dent on the horrible, permeating stench, and it didn't work very well.

I decided to give "Room Shocker" a try. Based on the mixed reviews I wasn't sure about it, but at this point I was willing to give it a shot. I purchased a 4 pack of the shockers (I have a large house), and this Saturday I released them, as per the instructions, in the living room, kitchen, upstairs office, and the hallway connecting the bedrooms. The wife and I left the house for about 2 and a half hours while they worked.

When we reentered the lower floor the smell of chlorine was prominent, but NO SKUNK! We opened all the downstairs windows, door, and activated the paddle fans. I moved the 2 room shockers from the downstairs to the upstairs bedrooms, plus the one that had been in the hallway, and closed all the room doors to allow the shockers to outgas for another 2 hours in those individual rooms. We then removed all the shockers from the house and opened up the upstairs to outside air, as we had the downstairs.

On Sunday you could still faintly smell the chlorine, but STILL NO SKUNK, ANYWHERE! Even after 4 baths in various products and home remedies, the dog still faintly smells like skunk, so if she was near you, you could still get a whiff of the odor, but THE HOUSE WAS 100% CLEAR of SKUNK ODOR!

Therefore I can say that I highly recommend the product for use against skunk odor that gets into your home.

I only gave 4 stars because of Biocides shipping practice. I had ordered the product "Overnight" for an added $28+ to the package price. The item did not arrive "overnight", even though I had put the order in well before their 1pm PST cutoff time. It turns out they use USPS as their shipper, and USPS has a odd definition of "overnight" that varies depending on your zip code. If you read Biocide's shipping policy CAREFULLY you learn about this, but in my opinion, if you're going to charge $28 for overnight, use FedEx, or UPS, and don't allow the definition to be controlled by the vagaries of the USPS! It comes across as odd, and deceiving.

Save 10% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment