Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Whynter ARC-13S 13000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner Platinum Edition

Last summer I bought three of these units to cool my house as I have casement windows and window units do not work for me. Two of the units work fine and one had the same problem many complain about. It would fill with water and then shut off. After 2 days (during the hottest weather of course), it would not function at all. I called and they gave me the same answers that they give others but did agree to have it sent back for repairs as it would not come back on in any mode. Not easy to pack it up and send it back but we did. Three weeks later I got a refurbished (maybe my own) unit back and it did the same thing, did not automatically dry the water out and shut off constantly but was functioning. We have tried this unit in all three places so it is the unit as the other 2 do not have this problem but the company claims it is too humid, WRONG, they don't want to fix the problems with some of their units. I have the bad unit elevated and have a tube that drains into a mid size kitchen waste basket and need to empty it 3 time a day or it overflows. This defeats the purpose of the sleek design because it is not an attractive set-up having to do this to keep it running. I am disappointed and would not recommend buying this unit as the company does not stand behind their product. I have an LG for my office and have had no problems with it. Do yourself a favor and look at other manufacturers that do not have these complaints as the complaints are real!

No comments:

Post a Comment