Friday, November 15, 2013

BestAir HW1620 Honeywell Pleated Filter 16x20x4

Make sure to measure your old Honeywell filter and compare it to their actual size stats. Since it claimed to fit Honeywell 16x20x4 I didn't bother pulling out my old filter and measuring it. The actual size of this filter is 15 3/4, my old Honeywell filter actual size was exactly 16 inches. That 1/4 inch is enough that when I slide it in or out it falls off one of the tracks and once I place it in the middle it is barely hanging on to either of the tracks by a thread. I imagine air will go through those gaps, and the filtering will not be very good as a result. I'm also afraid with the air flow it will knock it out of the middle and back off the tracks. It's a good enough filter for the money except the "Fits Honeywell" statement is deceptive. I gave it a 3 because perhaps if you have a non Honeywell furnace that require 15 3/4 inches then it should be fine for you, but I felt the marketing was deceptive. I'm off to Home Depot to get a real Honeywell filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment