Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Sharper Image EV-HD10 Cool Mist Ultrasonic 1-Gallon Humidifier

I purchased this ultrasonic humidifier a year ago for my two boys, who seem to always be congested either with colds or seasonal allergies or due to the dry air from our A/C. Prior to having this one, we went through a couple humidifiers (either warm or cool mist) a season because they either broke down, didn't do a good enough job, leaked, or were too difficult to clean. This humidifier works like a DREAM and is so very VERY easy to clean. I love that I can turn the dial to output the desired amount of mist. It's super quiet, too. I know others have said they've had problems with theirs being too noisy or becoming noisy after awhile, but I have not experienced that problem. I've also read that some complain about the demineralization cartridge not working for as long as stated or costing too much. I can agree and sympathize there, but folks...you don't have to buy that cartridge. Just use distilled water. It does the same job, and you can pick up the gallong jugs from your grocery store. While this humidifier IS easy to clean, the manufacturer recommends you do clean the water tank every two to three weeks as well as the water inlet and ultrasonic nebulizer, which are behind a panel that pops off. Don't forget that little bit of maintenance; it's important. I have to say, I LOVE that there are no mold issues with this humidifier compared to other cheaper ones I have used. All in all, after having gone through a multitude of humidifiers before purchasing this one I would recommend it hands down. Best humidifier purchase yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment