Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Eye-Vac EVPRO Professional Touchless Stationary Vacuum

Because I have mostly hard floors, I purchased two of these for my home. So far they are living up to their claims. I have no small children or cats, so I leave mine set on automatic mode, which makes them even more convenient to use. The motor is very powerful and leaves no debris to be picked up. The only thing I don't like is that the dog hair and dirt all clings to the filter instead of falling down to the bottom of the dirt reservoir. Much of it gets stuck between the vanes of the filter, so I can't just dump out the dirt. I have to remove the filter, hold it over the trash can, and brush all the junk off it the best I can. This is unacceptable for a couple of reasons. First, it's a pain in the neck. More important, because these HEPA filters do not get replaced, it is a real problem that they get so dirty and clogged so fast. To alleviate this problem I wrapped a used dryer sheet around the filter and secured it with rubber bands. Now when it gets covered with stuff, I can peel it off and replace it without having to clean and wash the filter every time.

Update: I have turned off the automatic feature on one of these because my husband said he heard it come on two times during the night! Only explanation I can think of is that a spider set it off. :)

Update No. 2: The dryer sheet thing isn't all that easy either, so I purchased two spare filters. Now I brush the dirt out of the filter and wash it when it's time. I put it aside to dry and put one of the spares in the EyeVac. Seems to be working OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment