Friday, November 22, 2013

Frigidaire FRA082AT7 8,000 BTU Window-Mounted Compact Room Air Conditioner

Just recieved the unit today. Installing the top bar on it was odd, and more difficult than it needed to be, the screws didn't seem to grip to the main unit. Otherwise installation was easy. When you look through the louvers you can see light through the back of the unit, which doesn't seem right to me. And you can see the styrofoam that lines the unit quite well both through the louvers and through the back. So thats where they saved some $$. With the styrofoam exposed like that I don't think I'd leave the unit in the window to brave a New York winter. It also doesn't appear to be airtight. It does get the room cool. The fan speeds are high, higher and blastoff. Not really a 'low' option, and its not quiet but I like white noise when I sleep anyway.

My next unit will have to have a remote though, and a digital temperature guage which this does not have. But that's for a richer time and a better economy. Until then, this one will work fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment