Monday, November 4, 2013

Frigidaire FAC126P1A Compact II 12,000-BTU Room Air Conditioner

This air conditioner I purchased new for around $269.00. Its small width, (hence the name Compact II) fits in the small width double hung window that I needed it for (I believe my window is 24" width). Most standard sized window units will not. This is one of the reasons for buying it, along with its low price. This unit blows extremely cold and cools my living room and kitchen with ease even on the most brutal summer days in New York. I have no complaints about the ability of this unit to cool whatsoever. My only complaint is it is extremely noisy it sounds like a factory. It is even very noisy at its lowest fan setting. The manual says to lower the fan if it is too noisy, but that is an exercise in futility. So if you're gonna have to hear it, might as well leave it at maximum. I like the variable fan speed feature. So one would be hard pressed to find a 12,000 BTU for the price of this Frigidaire unit, but you WILL be stuck with the noise. Frigidaire should reverse engineer a Panasonic air conditioner if they want to be serious about competing in this market.

I gave it a generous three stars because of its impractical noise levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment