Saturday, November 2, 2013

Honeywell QuietClean Tower Air Purifier

I reviewed dozens of air purifiers in the search for the best, low-price one with a HEPA filter that did not use Ionizing technology (which appears to be especially risky for people with asthma). I purchased the Honeywell HFD-110 Quietclean Tower thinking I had found the perfect match...

...that is until the package arrived and the fine print on the box said that this was a "HEPA-Type" filter (ie. NOT a HEPA filter, which means not certified to the high standard of a HEPA filter). When you look at the filter up close it looks nothing like the HEPA filters I have seen (not dense at all, quite the opposite).

To make matters worse the HFD-110 IS an Ionizing air purifier (and you cannot turn this feature off), contrary to the Manufacturer's Description which would have you believe otherwise, "Compared to ionic air purifiers, the filter from the HFD-110 captures 12 times more pollutants..."

Look, I think this would otherwise be a decent Ionizing, Generic-Filter Air Purifier if it was presented honestly in the manufacturer's description.

Considering that I was COMPLETELY MISLEAD into buying exactly what I did not want, I will think twice before ever buying a Honeywell product again!

Save 29% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment