Thursday, November 7, 2013

Kenmore Kenmore Canister Vacuum Cleaner

Oh man! This vac is simply a pleasure to use and does a great job. It is replacing a progressive upright we've had for more than 6 years. The upright was one of the worst designed, in terms of attachment use, but still cleans like crazy. Great suction, just a pain to use except as an upright only.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it isn't all solid metal construction. I don't think that even matters, since it seems to be well constructed, but humor me.

We have dogs; a Lab and an Aussie. Shedding machines. They camp on the furniture.

We have both hardwood and carpet floors.

After reading the reviews, I had pretty much settled on the LG canister; great reviews for the money. Unfortunately, I couldn't find one at Best Buy or Sears. Went to Plan B; back to amazon reviews. Saw that the Progressive canister actually got decent reviews and since the motor and suction aspects of our upright were still excellent, figured I'd give it a look.

The Blueberry's construction and features were just what I was looking for. The powered pet brush was a big part of it for me. Lots of Aussie hair "drifts" and lots of dog hair on the couch and chairs. Short, black lab hairs are a pain to get out of upholstery...until now.

It has a true hepa filter and a 28' retractible power cord.

It was on sale for about a hundred bucks off the regular price and I found a floor model at a Sears store nearby for even less. $200.

When I got there, the guy at "pick-up" said it appeared to be broken, so he called upstairs and they authorized a NEW, in-the-box unit at the same price. Wow. I was so happy, I bought a two year extended warranty.

The unit was easy to assemble and works like a champ. The powered upholstery brush is extremely effective at removing the Lab's hair from the couch and is a great tool for cleaning the carpets and seats in the car. Also is a nifty tool to clean the stairs.

The floor brush is easy to adjust for carpet/hard surface; just tap the adjustment tab with your foot. On/Off on the wand handle is nice. Tools store neatly and are easy to swap out. The crevice tool and dusting brush are right on the wand handle and the extension tube and tools click securely in place (as opposed to the old upright's tools and extension tubes, which fall off regularly while we're trying to use them).

The floor brush cleans deep on carpet and does hard floors efficiently as well. The powered head has a nice "belt saver" feature, too. Run over something which is going to jam the brush and it shuts the brush down. Happened to me when I ran over a cheap floor mat and it ate the edging. The brush shut down and I pulled the length of string out of the brush, hit the "reset Brush" button, and was back in business. Very nice feature.

If I get the same longevity out of this unit that we've gotten from the upright I'll be delighted. So far, I cannot recommend the Blueberry highly enough. It works really well, it is easy (read: FUN) to use, and is a great value for the money.

Please check it out if you're in the market for a canister vacuum.

Save 7% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment