Monday, November 4, 2013

Air Supply Mini-Mate Personal Ionic Air Purifier--Clear

I bought one to fight against my mold allergies anywhere anytime. It really does work, but the instructions indicate that it should be worn right under your chin with the provide lanyard. I have found the amount ozone production to be high and uncomfortable. If worn under my chin, my eyes would start watering and itching because of the highly oxidizing ozone gas. Nowadays, I wear it with a cellphone hoister. It works great that way. I can still smell some ozone, but it is not as bad as having it blow in your face. The AS150MM adds 48 ppb of ozone to ambient ozone. The maximum safe level (continuous) exposure for humans is 50 ppb. AS150MM only gives 2 ppb of margin to work with. Creating distance between the unit and my nose increases that margin. I mostly use my unit indoors because ozone levels are lower indoors than outdoors. During high ozone days, I neglect using it. Chronic asthma patients should probably stay away from getting this. It may trigger a bad asthma attack.

Save 30% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment