Friday, November 29, 2013

NewAir AC-10100H Ultra Compact 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner

Upon receiving this product it was found to be mechanically defective and had to be returned. The company "NewAir" does not respond to warranty requests, you have to go through the seller "Air & Water". Upon receiving my replacement and inspecting the new unit, I found they weren't the same unit. The replacement was the correct unit, but the original unit was not only defective, but the wrong model.

I used this unit for approx. 7 weeks and was so dissappointed in its performance that I have since boxed it up and stuck it in a closet and truely regret my purchase. It is a 10,000 BTU A/C rated for 325 sq. ft. I purchased it to cool a 240 sq. ft. room that reaches temperatures as high as 97 degrees when it is 105-109 outside (southeast TX). My goal was to use this unit to cool the room to 85 degrees. The air temperature produced by this unit is barely cold and was incapable of cooling the room to even 90 degrees. After approx. 70 mins of operation the unit's compressor turns off because it begins to overheat. It remains off for 20-30 mins and in that time the room heats again. Overall, the unit was only capable of cooling the room by 2-5 degrees lower than it would get without air conditioning, depending on how sunny it is.

If I could go back in time and stop myself from buying this product, I would.

Save 30% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment