Thursday, April 16, 2015

Sebo Canister Vacuums - air belt K3 Canister

This is my first review on Amazon. I have been guilty of reading other reviews but not bothering to write my own. I just got off the phone with Sebo support though and wanted to express how completely happy I am with their products and support. I am posting this review here as the listing for the Airbelt C3.1 does not include the powerhead.

I am the type of person that over-researches everything I buy, to a fault. We bought our Sebo Airbelt C3.1 canister vacuum with the ET-H powerhead in or around the year 1999, and have used it continually for the 12 years since. I recall at the time, people teasing us a couple in our early 20's for spending 700+ at the time for a vacuum. Ever since though, everyone who has used it has remarked at how quiet and nice it is. I always preferred to buy something nice that lasted, than to continually have to replace junk, and Sebo fits the bill of quality built to last.

I have recently had two problem with my Sebo and have been absolutely blown away by the customer service at Sebo. First, a couple months back, we had a house sitter who managed to hyper extend the wand and stretch the internal cable to the point that it later bound and snapped. I contacted Sebo, explained the problem, told them that it was long out of warranty but wanted to buy a replacement part. With out any hesitation, they asked for my address and sent the replacement part to me, free of charge.

Last week, my power head started to make a noise and then the motor started to spin freely with no movement from the roller. I took the power head apart by inspection, and found that a drive belt had snapped. This part, a $6 belt, was quick and easy to replace.

The problem I have with most products sold today, is that they are meant to be thrown out when they break. Most reviews are based on recently purchased items that have not been used significantly. Every mechanical machine wears eventually and the big test to me is can it be repaired and how easily. Sebo vacuums always struck me as military-grade they are superbly designed and most maintenance can be done without tools. In my experience, in probably at least 1000 hours of use, I have had two maintenance issues and both have been solved with 100% satisfaction.

Although I will never need another vacuum, I whole heartedly recommend them to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment