Sunday, April 5, 2015

Homedics Ar-20 Hepa Air Cleaner 100 Cadr

I don't normally review products on Amazon; however, I just had to share with you how awesome this product is.

The Bad:

There is little bad about this air cleaner, but it is inconvenient enough that it does warrant one star being removed. First, it doesn't have any sort of handle. Sure, it has a few surfaces you could grab it by, but they don't seem quite sturdy enough. A good, built-in handle would just about make this thing perfect. Finally, the buttons light up. I mean REALLY light up. At night when you're trying to sleep, THEY LIGHT UP THE ENTIRE ROOM. And there is no way to turn these lights off (that I could find). We now have a folded up t-shirt dedicated to forever sitting on top of it so that we can sleep at night with it in the room. Something should really be done about that...

The Good:

I have had allergies for years, and I've always suspected it was because of the cats that live with us in our apartment (I was congested EVERY morning and my eyes itched all the time), but I've never really done anything about it. Then last week I had LASIK surgery, and I decided I wanted to at least try to ease my allergies post-surgery. So I purchased the AR-20 cleaner and set it up in the apartment the night before surgery. The next morning I woke up congestion-free for the first time in years. I've woken up every morning since then congestion-free, and my eyes haven't been itching any. I a SO glad I purchased this before having LASIK. It likely prevented post-op complications!

I highly recommend this air cleaner. Just pick it up at the base, and have an old t-shirt handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment