Saturday, April 18, 2015

Royal Sovereign 55 Pint Bucket Free Dehumidifier

I purchased two of these for use in a 1100 sq ft unfinished basement with dirt floors. I was getting a lot of moisture down there, and was attracted to this product since I wouldn't have to keep emptying both of them.

They're working pretty good, especially given the large area they are servicing. I wasn't sure what the recommended square footage was on these models, since the information doesn't appear in the product literature or on the manufacturer's website. Average humidity has dropped from 73% to around 45%. The pump function works well, although I don't have it pumping too high only about 2 feet high into a drain.

The one complaint I have is with the amount of defrosting that is going on. The temperature is around 60 degrees down there, but these units still have to constantly defrost, which diminishes it's efficiency. I thought I'd give them a "resting period" every few hours, but the timer function only allows switching off after a certain time period and not switching back on again and cycling on a daily basis. So I was going to attach them to an external electrical timer, but once they turn off at the power source, they do not turn back on again... you have to manually turn them back on if the power source is lost. I'd give this product 5 stars if the timer function allowed you to give the unit a resting period and then turn back on, or if they turned back on once the power source is lost so I can use an external timer.

Save 90% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment