Tuesday, May 13, 2014

EnviroSept 20 x 24 Furnace Filter Panel,14 Filter Pads

The Envirosept Air Filter plus Clarton-D antihistamine has saved me from migraine headache. I can not live without the filter. I've used an EnviroSept for whole house air cleaning for over 5 years after trying other systems that did not work as well or at all.

It catches the invisible mold that other filters don't by using static electricity to attract the molds and other bad particles to a replaceable polyester (I think) pad. I tried HEPA and metal blade electronic filters but they did not do it for me.

Others I tried: A small electronic metal blade type worked for a few days but seemed to get dirty too fast and thus be less effective it needed probably daily cleaning and was too small to do my whole house. My parents whole house metal blade system costing over $1,200 had the same problem needing probably daily cleaning which was a mess so we replaced it with an EnviroSept. A metal blade system needs a hot water cleaning system built in to clean it every day in my way of thinking. The polyester pads seem to have more surface area and thus go longer in the EnviroSept.

The HEPA I tried at $600 did not do any good at all for the small invisible molds that bother me. The EnviroSept is the best overall system in my purchasing experience. I put up with the replaceable pad system because it is a good compromise that gives a lot of surface area bang for the buck.

Filter Pad Use: I change the two filter pads every 4 or 5 days. It works fine until full after probably 4 days or 100 hours of constant fan running in my large 4,800 square foot house. The pad slows down air flow a bit but if your air conditioning is sized right it is not a problem.

People with less upper sinus trouble than me might go for a week or month on a cleaning pad (I just get a headache to indicate my upper sinus trouble other than that I can breath fine). I live in the south where the heat and moisture grow the worst molds and we have much pollen. This was the only solution I could find that really works. Though I spend some money on filters it is worth it. After 10 minutes of use you can tell the house air is less "thick" when you put it in.

Our family owns two units in two different houses. The physical electronic unit corrodes after about 5 years (I'm not sure how long) due to corrosion from our moist southern air but they have always discounted a new one to me. Overall I love mine and even if I did not have headaches from mold I would own one because the air is so much cleaner.

Save 30% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment