Tuesday, May 6, 2014

CQE-US-00305 6 stage Single Undersink Water Filter provides 30,000 gal

When I remodelled the kitchen in the spring of 2009, I followed the recommendation of the Home Depot guy to install a simple GE under sink filter (that $55 one). Like most people, I want to have a peace of mind that we have clean water to cook and drink. Well, it worked for 2 months and the water started to smell and taste strange. With the replacement filtering core at almost $10 a piece, It made me wonder how much will it cost me over the years. So, instead of buying a replacement filtering core, I made a research to find a new and better quality filter.

I conclude that this Crystal Quest 6 stage single undersink filter (CQE-US-00305) is the winner hands down for the following reasons:

1. It's physical size fit real nice under my sink and did not take much space at all

2. According to it's specifications, it does filter out lots of stuff comparable to those bigger and more expensive units

3. The inner filter last a long long time (5 years), it also comes with a simple reverse knob to flush it clean in between

4. Very very reasonable price.

5. Installation is very very easy.

Note as a DIY guy, I studied the manual, so I know what I need to do and get all adaptors that I need. This way, I install this filter in only 20 mins !!

It's been 18 months since I installed this fileter. The water comes out clean and odorless everyday. Note that the way I hooked this up, this filter provides clean cold water to my kitchen sink for us to wash the food and cook with it. It also provides cold water to the hot drinking water boiler (also under the sink) for which we use this to make tea/coffee and a lot of times use this very hot water to clean up greasey pots and pans. So, water runs through this CQE-US-00305 filter like a lot on a daily basis.

So far, I am yet to flush clean the filter for the first time. In fact, writing this comment reminds me to go do it.

Save 15% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment