Thursday, May 22, 2014

Crane Ee-8065 Crane Germ Defense Humidifier

Please note that I recently joined the Vine program but this review is based on my own private purchase (i.e., I paid for it!)

With winter approaching I wanted to get additional humidifiers to help with making household air less dry. I have an old Holmes (an older version of the current Holmes HM1865-U model) that puts out a lot of moisture and has a humidistat. I recently bought a much more expensive humidifier from Brookstone but I found it did not put out nearly as much water compared to the Holmes and the expensive model was not much quieter.

After way too much research online and checking out models at local stores I decided on the Crane Ee-8065. I considered the digital version but for the price difference I did not see the additional value.

The manual version has a small footprint and sleek form-factor. It is incredibly quiet and the mist output can be adjusted. The warm mist does not seem too warm (compared to steam misters) and I mostly run it in the cool mist setting. I am not sure the warm mist would be that great at helping with a cold or illness compared to a true steam mister. That said, my main purpose was to find a quiet humidifier I could run at night. The Crane Ee-8065 has proven itself to be exactly what I need. In fact, I am going to buy a couple more to put in other parts of our house.

The only negative thus far is it is a bit awkward to hold while refilling the reservoir but this might have more to do with me becoming more used to it. The reservoir could be larger too, but then again that would mean the unit itself would have to be larger and I kind of like the smaller size of the unit itself; I can accept the trade-off between size of unit and how often I have to refill the reservoir.

Save 11% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment