Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Oreck AirInstinct 75 Smart Air Purifier

I had the older Oreck Air Cleaners bought from HSN years ago. Though many folks panned them because they were relatively cheap, made in China and could be difficult to find filters for, they did do a good job. The filters were always loaded when they were replaced quarterly. So, wanting to replace all of them with better, stronger models, it was a no brainer to look at Oreck again.

I really like this AirInstinct model over the other ones available. While it may be just a preference, the black with the silver accents fits my modern decor perfectly. In fact, it would fit into most decors and be discreet. The other AirInstinct models are white and somewhat garish with the oversized status light.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a fan of Oreck products. I don't work for the company, nor does any of my family or friends. I have just found that all of my friends who have bought various vacuums and air cleaners have all spent decent amounts of money for junk. My Mom has used Oreck vacuums for years and they have always delivered trouble-free service. Naturally, it is why I use an Oreck Magnesium.

OK, back to the air cleaners. These models do an excellent job. The automatic speed adjustment is really cool and it does work. It really is quite sensitive. I have a reminder set on my Mac to remind me to clean the pre-filters on these air cleaners every two weeks. It is amazing just how much dust and debris is captured on the pre-filter. While you may balk at a $50 replacement cost for the HEPA filter, remember... It is a 2-year filter. And, if you stay on top of cleaning the pre-filter, you'll definitely get the projected life out of the filter.

Compared to my older Oreck air purifiers, these do an even better job of cleaning. They are very powerful, very quiet and very responsible to changing debris loads in the room.

You really cannot go wrong with this model. I own 6 of them and have absolutely no regrets about the price, quality or performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment