Saturday, February 8, 2014

Miele S6270 Topaz Canister Vacuum Cleaner

I want to be clear, I've only just purchased this model and cannot speak to anything beyond initial performance (great!.) But I felt that someone needed to address the claim that this model has a non-electric head. It does not, it has the electric hose and powered attachments. (I suspect that review belongs with the Quartz, not the Topaz.)

I bought the Topaz because I wanted a Miele with the sealed HEPA system, a powered head for carpets, and the swivel head for hard floors. The electrobrush fits nicely under my furniture, so I don't have to move everything to get the carpet clean. This was the right model for me, though I would have preferred that the attachments stowed internally, I wasn't prepared to pay that much more for the convenience. I didn't think that the suction auto-adjust feature of the more premium models was worth much to me either. The only upgrade from this model that I'm considering is the Universal Brushit seems like it'd be convenient for cleaning overhead surfaces like fans and bookcases, but the small number of reviews are fairly negative, so I'm going to wait on that; the dusting brush may be sufficient.

TL;DR, this model is right for you if: air quality is insanely important to you, you have a mix of hard surfaces and carpet, you're not willing to pay for automated suction settings, you're not overly invested in having your attachments stow inside the body of the canister, and if having a brown vacuum cleaner doesn't bother you. If you're willing to compromise slightly on the air quality and electric hose, you should go look at the s2 series.

Save 6% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment