Saturday, February 15, 2014

iTouchless Deodorizer Touch-Free Sensor 13-Gallon Automatic Stainless

I experienced many of the same problems with my itouchless trash can about a month after purchase. It started acting erraticly one day so I thought the batteries might need changing. I did that and everything seemed fine. I shut it off that night and when I turned it back on in the morning it did not work right. It would open normally, but would not close unless I pushed the close button. Sometimes it would stay closed, but other times it would open at random or open right back up as soon as I closed it. I went back through and read all of the reviews on Amazon. I e-mailed the company(itouchless) and called the 800 number I found on one review and left a message (it was on a Saturday when I called). The funny thing was, before I got a call back, the trash can started to work again. All I did was push down on the cover one time after I closed it with the close button. I don't know if that is what did it, but I haven't had a problem since. I was a little nervous that customer service at itouchless was not going to be helpful because many of the reviews stated as such. I didn't have that same experience. I got a phone call and an e-mail 3 days after contacting them. This is what the e-mail said:The sensor could be affected by moisture,stain or fingerprints. To fix the problem please try:

-Take out the batteries

-Use a wet rag to wipe clean the lid, especially in the sensor area a few times. You can rub it to remove any stain on it.

-Set it aside for at least half a day.

-Reload the batteries with alkaline batteries to ensure the best result.

-Put the lid back on and see if it will function properly again.

If this doesn't help, we provide a one-year warranty on the product if it was purchased through our authorized dealers with a receipt/invoice. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. Thank you.

Meilina Liu/Customer Care/www.itouchless.com

I hope that helps some of you that have had problems with your trash can. It is a very cool product when working properly!

Save 35% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment