Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Holmes HAPF30AO4-U Odor Eliminator HEPA Type Air Filter

I'm using this with my Holmes model HAP412 air purifier. It fits perfectly and is well-made, with a nice rubber seal around the edges and a solid band of glue that seals the filter parts together. It has much better construction quality than some generic replacements I've tried. It is more expensive, of course, than the generics, but doesn't fall apart as the cheap ones have.

It includes the plastic "ears" that clip onto the Holmes and hold the filter in place.

This is touted as being their odor reducing filter that uses charcoal, baking soda and other ingredients. It does seem to cut down on odors more so than the regular filers (HAPF30 and BAPF30 models). No, it won't make a stinky room instantly smell like a mountaintop chalet, but it does put a noticeable dent in odor (in my case, smoking smells).

To extend the life of the filter and boost the odor grabbing capabilities, I also use a generic carbon filter that I cut to fit, and place on the outward-facing side of the filter. (This is the version I use: Cut to Fit Carbon Filter but there are several similar ones available on Amazon.)

My only complaint is that the filter paper is gray-colored rather than white as in the standard filters. That makes it harder to see when the filter is dirty and ready for replacement. Other than that, no problems.

Save 34% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment