Friday, June 20, 2014

16x25x5 MERV 8 Bryant Replacement Filter

I ordered 2 of these filters and was very disappointed. The quality was much worse than other aftermarket filters I have purchased. I installed one filter and it did not fit snugly like previous filters (yes it was the correct size). There were no foam strips included to fill gaps as with previous filters and they were much more needed here. I tried to remove filter and could not.The flimsy lightweight cardboard lattice across top & bottom of filter bulged and caught on filter housing and prevented removal without tearing the filter. Mind you this is a 5" filter not something thin. These are constructed from thinner cardboard than is found in my previous purchases. ALSO the folds in the filter material run length wise, contrary to the picture shown, cutting down on the amount of surface area and lessens the strength added by folds running the other way as in OEM and better aftermarket filters. A tight fit is essential to prevent blow-by and equipment damage. If I had not damaged the first filter upon removal, I would have returned purchase. Now I am stuck with two inferior filters one badly torn.

No comments:

Post a Comment