Thursday, January 16, 2014

Vent Mate Antibacterial 8pk.

I've had a problem with dust ever since I moved into my new apartment so I was very excited to find this product. I thought the biggest problem I'd have was the dry wall that scattered everywhere when I removed the grills to install the Vent Mates. I had no idea this product would create moisture condensation inside my ducts and allow mold to grow. About 3 weeks after installing the Vent Mates (the package says to change every 2 months) I began to smell something "green." I cleaned and disinfected everything, then realized the smell was coming from my vents. I removed the product (more dry wall to clean) and temporarily covered the grills with paper from my (horribly expensive) a/c filters. Periodically I turn on the a/c and spray the intake (where the big filter goes) with colloidal silver. I think that will clear the mold without further expense, but believe me, there IS something worse than dust! If you have allergies, this may not be the product for you.

1 comment:

  1. I see the greatest contents on your blog and I extremely love reading them.
    www.ushomefilter.com

    ReplyDelete