Monday, January 13, 2014

Metro Vacuum VM6B500 Vac 'N' Go 120V, 500-Watt Hi-Performance Hand Vac

I am very sorry to say that I don't like this product. I liked the idea of buying from a family company that has been in business for awhile. Unfortunately, in this case, it's a business that hasn't evolved its product line.

Specifically...

1) It's loud. I mean -reallyloud. The kind of loud that has me wear earplugs to protect my hearing.

2) There's no place to wrap the cord. If they simply extended the horizontal bar on the handle (so that it protruded beyond the vertical posts), it would be easy to wrap the cord around it. This is what I mean about a company not enhancing their product line. How could they not realize the utility of giving the user a way to manage the cord?

3) The bag compartment, and thus the bag, are very small, which means frequent replacement or emptying. Since it only comes with a couple of bags, that gets expensive.

4) The bag compartment is accessed by twisting the front end of the vacuum. Unfortunately, it twists much too easily, like when you're pulling off one of the attachments. Again, I simply don't understand how the company hasn't recognized the problem.

5) From its size and how it's advertised, one gets the idea that this unit is good for vacuuming inside cars or in a shop but, because it's an all metal case (something I originally thought was cool), it's dangerous to use the vacuum near water.

6) I liked the idea of using the vacuum in hard to reach places but, because of its strong exhaust on the back end, it ends up blowing dirt and dust away before I can suck it in.

I thought this unit would be more convenient than using a larger, unwieldy vacuum and hose but, due to everything noted above, it's a bigger hassle than it's worth.

Save 18% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment