Monday, January 13, 2014

Comfort Zone CZ310R Twin Window Fan

I bought this fan under the Climate Keeper branding, but the manual inside the box reveals it is actually a Comfort Zone fan, and it is this model. I'm pretty happy with it so far. I live in a hot and humid climate and our a/c's compressor is struggling on its last legs with a hard starter. I spend a lot of time working on the phone in the hottest room in the house. I needed some relief. This fan keeps the temperature bearable during the day, and actually makes it cool enough to sleep at night. It fits easily inside the window sill without the feet, no need to remove the screen. The accordion side panels are cheap and don't fit very well, but the fan stays upright in the window and the rest of the window is more or less covered. This fan is not terribly weather proof, so unplug it at the first sign of rain. I made the mistake of trying to turn it off first and discovered that just a moment's exposure to water made it impossible to use the buttons on the machine. Luckily, for whatever reason, the remote controls still worked fine. Leaving it unplugged for a little while was enough to reset it and now it's operating normally, but I won't forget that lesson. Using the Circulation control does a decent job of keeping the room's heat to a bearable level while a computer is running. It's close enough to the window so the exhaust function is removing the heat generated from the computer's vent (which not incidentally helps keep the computer from overheating). Don't get me wrong, it's still hot in here while the sun is high in the sky, but I'm not going to expire from heat stroke thanks to this fan. And at night I run it on Cool and it's so nice that I can cover myself in a light blanket without feeling hot at all. I've had no reason to regret the purchase.

Save 10% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment