Thursday, January 30, 2014

Clean Air Distributing 2552 1-Gallon Stainless Steel Counter Top Compost Pail

I love the way my little compost pail looks from the outside. There are a couple of drawbacks, however. First of all, after a few weeks of use, it has begun to rust slightly on the inside. I worry that after awhile it will need to be replaced. Second of all, while the filter keeps the smell from bothering us humans, fruit flies can still smell the fruit scraps inside. I went to clean my bucket out and found the filter full of fruit fly maggots. The holes in the lid allow the flies to get down into the filter. So, I threw away the filter and now have to empty my pail a couple of times each day to ensure I don't have a smelly mess or an infestation of fruit flies in my kitchen. With the price of this bucket I certainly didn't expect rust or fruit flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment