Friday, January 31, 2014

Bamboo Charcoal Air Freshening Cube

These air fresheners are very impressive. We all know that charcoal absorbs impurities, but I guess I didn't expect so much from just a small cube of it. I use mine in the hall area where the furnace air-intake is situated. I realized that all the "stale" air in the house was passing through this area, so this would be a good spot to freshen things up before the air recirculated through the house. (Furnace filters catch dust, but they don't really do much for cooking odors, chemical impurities, and so forth.) So I just sat one of the little charcoal cubes on a shelf in the hall, and now the area always smells fresh. Another nice aspect of the cubes? They're covered in black fabric. This turns out to make them very unobtrusive ... they practically disappear into the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment