Thursday, January 9, 2014

NaturOli Soap Nuts Wash Bags

...so many things! Especially: giving "samples" of soap nuts to loved ones (I usually stuff the bag for them and tell them to use about 5 or so nuts per "use", which equals about 5 loads. This way, they can get quite a few trials of them and have some on hand while waiting for their own shipment to arrive!). The bags can also be used for carrying small items while travelling, or as a phone/equipment sleeve to prevent scratches, or, for you ladies who use a keeper or diva cup, as a replacement bag, etc. We're on our third 3-pack of bags already and have been using the same two in our washing machine for over six months!

They are very durable and stay closed in the wash (we tie the drawstring in a knot for security). They also successfully run through the dryer. We have a front loading maytag commercial quality washer and a standard gas dryer.

TIP 1: we keep a make-shift dry-erase board & marker on the wall by our washing machine to tally the washings with those IIII-slash line markings, using two lines for especially heavy or dirty loads. Once the nuts in the sack are washer-spent, we erase the markings on the board, dump the nuts into a big jug (for later boiling) and refill the sack. This is much easier than trying to remember/calculate how many uses the nuts had or have left (especially when two people use the same sack at different times).

The next two tips aren't specific to the laundry use of this product (in the washing machine), but since it's eco-laundry related, I thought I'd add them:

TIP 2: I don't use fabric softener, but I do put a few drops of essential oil in the fabric softener dispenser. I like how it makes my clothes smell and I think it helps repel mosquitoes as I haven't gotten bitten since I began doing this. I used to get bit very often, and others are getting bittem more then I am now.

TIP 3: In the dryer, I use organic wool dryer balls, with some drops of pure essential oil (usually lavender or peppermint). I put the drops on the balls and then toss them in for an Air Fluff (no heat) to dry the oil before I put my clothes in the dryer.

I rely on reviews here at Amazon to help me make informed buying choices. I hope this review has helped you in the same manner. If you voted this as helpful, I Thank You! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment