Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Hunter 30090 11-Feet by 13-Feet True Hepa Room Air Purifier

I'm so torn on this product. It really is a great air purifier, and it has comes with various settings so you can adjust it to your room and liking. It is fairly quiet compared to some other smaller air purifiers I've used, but it certainly isn't whisper quiet (which, to be fair, they don't claim it to be).

The reason I'm torn is the price of the replacement air filters. I purchased this last year (2009) for my dad to use in his bedroom. He was a heavy smoker, and when winter was approaching, it was too cold to go outside. He passed earlier this year (2010), and my mom got out the air purifier to use in another part of the house. We could tell that it needed the filters replaced.

Unfortunately, the two replacement filters cost as much if not a little more than the unit itself. This is completely UNACCEPTABLE! I did some searching online, and I was able to find some filters that were less expensive, but when you added shipping, the price was still only $10-15 less than a new unit. She really wanted an air purifier so she just went ahead and bought a whole new unit instead of the replacement filters (since it was cheaper). That just doesn't make sense.

PROS: Great air purifier with adjustable settings at a low price

CONS: Replacement filters are WAY TOO EXPENSIVE.

Save 47% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment