Sunday, March 16, 2014

Vicks V4500 FilterFree Humidifier

OK, I have had this humidifier for about two months now. Make sure you are aware of the requirements of a filter-free humidifier before you buy one. First of all, I couldn't stand having a filtered humidifier. Constantly having to buy filters, they'd be out of stock at Target, unavailable for my brand at the supermarket, just too annoying, and honestly, they're several bucks every time. Why can't I just clean my own humidifier?

So here's the thing. If you opt to go filter free, read the documentation. I think a lot of the negative reviewers here aren't following the instructions... you have to clean your humidifier ONCE A WEEK. Some people are reporting, 'I have had my humidifier for a month and it's starting to stink.' Well, have you cleaned it four times since you've had it?

And yes, I would say, it's a bit of stretch to call this whisper quiet. Like any device running while you're trying to sleep, you're going to hear it. And when you're lying down trying to fall asleep, anything can sound like a freight train. But yes, I would not call this whisper quiet. It's just as loud as any other humidifier I've experienced. Being someone who likes to sleep in pitch dark, though, I'd say the very bright on-light is more annoying than the sound. I find the whisping whirr of it quite calming.

And the bottom line here is, I've slept wonderfully since I bought it. I wake up and find that I've been breathing through my nose instead of mouth-breathing like I had been. Because my sinuses are staying open and moistened.

So there you have it. If you want to go filter-free, you're taking on the task of cleaning it. Three quick release screws, soaking the base and intake tube in white vinegar, rinsing, putting it back together.

Save 1% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment