Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Holmes 99.97% HEPA Allergen Remover

I'm a smoker and got this to sit at my desk and suck up all my smoke. It does that pretty good, but it is NOISY!!! Loud loud loud!!! And I mean really loud! It has 4 speeds, not including off, and to be effective you have to have it on a higher setting which makes it louder. Lowest settings don't do much good, which is the case on all air/hepa filters.

My other complaint is it's cheap construction. The brackets that hold the pre-filter in place are very hard to snap-out and the plastic bracket broke when trying to replace the pre-filter. Also, the front panel that holds the filter is warped and 1 corner sticks out not providing a good seal.

Agian, this unit is barely acceptable. I couldn't decide to give this 2 stars or 3 stars. 2 1/2 is what I'd give it.

No comments:

Post a Comment