Sunday, March 16, 2014

VENTA AIRWASHER LLC 5044536 LW44 WHT Airwasher

I just bought the double unit because I've always loved my first one, but now live in a bigger house (still small by the Venta sq footage. I've discovered that if you use a much bigger Venta than your room needs for the airwashing, it will also humidify to some extent. The only thing I never liked about the system was the expensive accessory fluids you had to buy to "soften" the water and to clean the inevitable deposits. Can you say disgusting? The "sheeting/softening" stuff is like some kind of water soluable oil/kerosene product that will coat the finely ribbed plastic inner wheel and sticks all the gunk that it has taken out of the air and it CANNOT be scrubbed off. So when I used the Venta Airwasher Cleaner, it mostly came off, but I ended up buying way too much of that stuff and washing it more often than they specified because I could not bear to know all that gunk was in there circulating! I used it without the "sheeting agent" and some kind of naturally occurring orange colored algae stuff started appearing after 3 days. Still hard to clean.

Finally, desperately, I discovered was that the water tub unit and the finicky plastic inner wheel could be put into my dishwasher, run at regular warm temperatures (I use a natural powdered dishwashing detergent) and no more gunk and no more orange algae! I run it once a week and other than that the unit works great. I can see all kinds of things in the water that it takes out and then inexpensively and happily, a clean Airwasher without any scrubbing.

Well the company won't like this, and maybe they will say the unit isn't really doing anything, but I feel it does and now I love this unit (and it's smaller older cousin)

Save 24% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment