Friday, March 28, 2014

Holmes HAP424-U HEPA-Type Tower Air Purifier

I got this filter because I have cats and birds, and before I started using it, I always had a coating of "bird dust" on everything and was concerned about breathing it. I bought it in mid summer, and in early fall, I opened it up to see if the filters were "catching" anything, and sure enough, they were covered with a fine powdery silt, and then I realized that the bird dust that used to cover desks and other surfaces had almost disappeared since I had started using it. I was grateful to know that the machine had been doing its job. Whenever it was on, I did notice a subtle change in air quality...it seemed fresher. I have kept it running almost constantly for three months, and have not had any problems with it.

While it's working, I don't notice the sound that much, especially on the lower setting which is what I usually keep it on. It simply becomes "white noise". The higher setting is definitely louder, so if that's something that bothers a person, it should be kept in mind, but it's a humming, blowing sound, not rattling or harsh.

I can't compare it to other air purifiers because it's the only one I've ever had, but for the price, and for a person on a budget, I think it's done an amazing job. I'd like to get another for a different part of my house.

Save 3% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment