Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sprite HHCT Massaging Handheld Chlorine Shower Filter Unit

I've owned this shower head for about a year. It works as advertised and I'm happy to shower clorine free. I'm especially pleased to have no calcium residual clogging up the spray.

HOWEVER...I'm surprised no one has mentioned the following problem. To establish a leakproof seal when replacing the filters, one has to vaseline the rubber seals. Otherwise the water bypasses the filter and squirts out the threads between the head and body of the device. You've got to get the vaseline evenly spread or it won't work. you're supposed to reverse the direction of the filter every month and replace on the third month. The body of the filter gets gross with vaseline and the whole process becomes messy and unpleasant.

But I'm sticking with it because I like the performance.

UPDATE: I cleaned the whole thing thoroughly recently, used minmal vaseline the first time and I've used none the last two times with no problem. Maybe some of my issues are user error?

Save 39% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment