Friday, December 27, 2013

Lee's 2-Inch Wooden Air Diffuser

This shipper (accidentally?) included a cheap plastic bag that the chinese manufacturer must have originally put these in. It is all Chinese except for saying "AquaValue" at the top and there is a diagram of how to use these in an aquarium that is labelled in chinese. The diffuers are now sealed in a nice blister pack in all-english. Why they included the weird all-chinese bag with this is beyond me.

Anyway, they work wonderfully. I'm using them to create small bubbles to diffuse CO2 in a planted tank. They make much finer bubbles than my air stones that I was using previously and my CO2 concentration has improved. I can't comment on how well these would work in a protein skimmer. I always used an injection-powered Aqua-C skimmer so I wouldn't have to mess with replacement parts like this all the time. The main downside to these is that wood floats duh. I hadn't really considered this and these don't come with any suction cups to hold them down, so unless you have suction cups for your air hoses already, you're going to have to buy them or hook the hose under an ornament or rock. I realize that this is the case with all bubblers since they're filled with air, but these are REALLY buoyant.

Save 74% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment