Saturday, December 14, 2013

Blueair AirPod Personal Air Purifier

This small, efficient air purifier is a great addition to my desk at work. It consists of a metallic fan base, and a big, cardboard enclosed hepa filter which plugs in behind the fan (the filter is the blue part depicted in the photo). The fan pulls air through the filter. It is simple but effective. It filters the air in my immediate vicinity and helps me breathe better (I have allergies and asthma). A worthwhile investment, since I spend a good portion of the day at my desk. It has an ionizer on the back, but truthfully, I'm not sure what kind of effect that has. They recommend changing the filter at least every four months, and the company has a program where you can enroll to receive filters at specified intervals. Filters cost $24.95 for one, and $39.95 for a set of two.

When I purchased this, I intended it as something I could transport with me when I travel, since it is so light and small. However, it is fragile and the first time I took it with me somewhere, it got a scratch on the filter from some minor shuffling. I would like to see a protective bag included along with this product to enable transporting it safely.

At $99.99, it is pricey for a personal air purifier. The main benefit of this air purifier over others is its minimalistic, aesthetically pleasing design. If a carrying bag were included, I would feel that I am getting my money's worth for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment