Sunday, August 18, 2013

Whirlpool 4396710P KitchenAid PUR Push Button Cyst-Reducing

I have a Kenmore refrigerator form Sears that I bought about a year and a half ago. Kenmore is actually made by Whirlpool and although the filter this replaced was labeled Kenmore, this is the exact same filter but labeled Whirlpool instead. I looked it up on the Sears site and they wanted $50 for the same filter. The price is a steal and even though it says 6 months I used it for over a year since I have soft water in my house and only one person. My fridge has a 6 month built in timer that goes from green to orange to red when the 6 months is up. I thought it might be based on actual usage, but it's not, because it went red at exactly 6 months and I use far less water than most other households. I have no idea why more time would harm a filter, as far as I'm concerned it's just a marketing tactic to get you to buy them more often then needed, like oil changes every 3,000 miles.

Save 27% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment