Tuesday, August 27, 2013

BISSELL Lift-Off Floors & More Pet

So, out of the box no manual, but very easy to put together in 2 quick steps. We were ok there.

I liked the initial look and feel of it. I LOVE the swivel head. I love how easy it is to store it away. I love that it can fold up neatly and be stored away in a closet, OR it can stay "opened" and stand neatly, perfectly in a corner, always waiting for use. I love that it is a handheld, PLUS a stick vac (that itself is part of the problem though...)

...As I was saying, this is a (weak) handvac on a stick. It has no power. No suck. No oomph.

Well, as long as what I need cleaned up can be done in about 30 seconds, this unit is fairly ok. The charge does not last. If I try to use it for more than literally a few minutes, you can hear it dying off. I will give it 5 minutes tops and that is being generous. And then guess what You have to charge it for all but a full day before you can use it again! Um, what?!

I had hopes of using it for light cleanups of the random pet hair, dust bunnies, etc nothing major and I never planned on it being my main vacuum, of course. I have hardwood floor, tile, and natural(glazed) stone floors, with a few area or throw rugs scattered about.

My main idea for using this was in my laundry area because there seems to be so much lint, hair (human & pet), and random little bits of who knows what from the kids throwing their dirty laundry in on the pile. The floor in the laundry area is lineoleum. There is a 4ft by 14 ft closet on the left, the hallway down the center, which has about a 3.5ft width and then the washer and dryer are on the right. The end of the hallway opens into the bathroom. So, I thought this would be great for this area because I really hate using my main vac and attachments etc to do this area. It is a pain.

Well, so much for my big idea. This vac does not hold a charge long enough to get the area done. Now, I don't need an hour, not a half hour even maybe a good 10 minutes to really do it thoroughly. But no, I can't get that with this vac. It starts off OK. But it quickly dies off and will suck up next to nothing.

I do have 3 long haired cats, but surprisingly they do not shed much at all, and they do get brushed often, so this helps. My short haired dog is who sheds the most actually, but it is still not alot. It's not like you look around and see blobs of hair everywhere. So, this shouldn't be a tough job, but this vac cannot handle it? AND it's marketed as a "Pet" vac?? Really?

I thought the roller brush feature would be nice for doing the low pile throw rugs quickly when I don't feel like dragging out the main vac. Again, it does OK, but you have to be fast and it will only grab the smallest and lightest particles.

I cannot recommend this product. Imagine a weakly powered handvac duct taped to a broom handle that is basically what you have here, except this one folds neatly for storage.

I really wish it did work better because I honestly love the swivel head. It can get into all areas and is sooo easy to maneuver. It just lacks any type of power and the charge is absolutely terrible. Using it as just a handvac is fair at best as well. I mean if the kids got sugar all over the counter, sure you can clean that up quickly, but you can't do much else and you will still have some leftover sugar to wipe up with a rag/sponge... Oh, and the rubber "Pet nozzle" hinders the vac from sliding on a smooth surface (like the countertop) it sticks, skips and pulls.

And you most definitely DO have to hold the button in the whole time you are using it as a handheld. There is no on/off button for the handheld, but as a stickvac it has on/off and roller brush on or off.

Save 23% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment