Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Austin Air Allergy Machine Jr. HM205

I would have given this air purifier 5-stars except for one small detail. Out of the two times that I've ordered the Austin Air Machines (one larger, full size unit at first, and then two of the smaller Junior sizes because I liked it so much), each time I had to arrange for a return and exchange immediately upon receipt because the motors "whined" (teeth clenching, nails on a blackboard type whine). Since these units are used in active living areas (i.e., family room) or where you sleep, it's important that the unit is as unobtrusive as possible. When it's working as designed, it does just that. In fact, it's almost a soothing sound when it's running correctly. Plus, I really like the fact that you can run the units 24/7 without fear of the motor burning out (important when you're in an allergy prone area like Florida). All in all, a wonderful purifier...really does the job well. I have two dogs and when you walk into my house now, it always smells fresh and my husband's allergies have also improved with our using these. I just wish they'd do a better job of quality controlling at the manufacturing site. To have to return 2 out of 3 units purchased is not a good ratio. On the plus side, they make it as easy as possible on you for the returns. It's only a matter of waiting longer for your working product to arrive. All in all, this product is good enough to hassle through a possible return/exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment