Friday, August 30, 2013

Rainbow E Series Canister Vacuum Cleaner Wet

I've owned this vacuum for over 12-15 years. My parents got it for me when I was in high school after we discovered I had dust allergies (in addition to asthma). I have toted it around everywhere I've lived in college and beyond--in various apartments, houses, etc--and it has held up *excellently.* Needless to say, I wasn't always very cautious with it (bang it around a little through all the moves, or when I'm cleaning and pulling the canister/base around) and it has withstood it all. I'm 30 now and married, and even though my husband gripes about how it's less 'convenient' than a regular vacuum, I LOVE it and will never use anything else because:

1--for a person with allergies, this vacuum is a god-send. I'm so used to it I almost gag every time I use another vacuum (at someone else's place) because other vacuums send out dust in the exhaust, and don't trap it immediately in water like this vacuum.

2--Even though my parents paid a lot for it, it has totally withstood the test of time and is made of very high-quality material. Not one thing has broken, rusted, chipped, worn, or anything in this last decade! That says a lot in this age of built-in-obsolescence!!

3--the wheels are great--they move 360 degrees and make it *very* easy to pull this thing around. The cord is also durable and long, so you can take it pretty far without having to find a new outlet.

4--I *love* that it's environmentally low-impact--no bags to purchase (ie, no packaging, no gas used to transport) that then fill up landfills! Just dump it all down the toilet.

5--the little accessories/different heads it comes with are great. I've been careful and haven't lost any of them, and they reach every nook and cranny.

I should also note that I've been very good with its upkeep--I wipe the rubber interior down every time with a towel (so it doesn't crack) and I *never* store it with a damp canister attached--that can also crack the rubber. I've also brushed the little motor part inside like you're supposed to so it doesn't get clogged.

My only wish is that I had the special parts to suck up water spills.

Overall, this thing, now that I think about it, is like a trusty best friend. A big investment, yes, but if you take care of it and keep up the maintenance, it might just last a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment