Thursday, August 1, 2013

Keystone KSTAW06A Energy Star 6,000 BTU 115-Volt Window-Mounted Air Conditioner

This is the first window air conditioner I have ever bought/used. I live on the 3rd floor of an old building in Boston, so I was nervous about it fitting in my window that has a storm window lip and huge sills, but after a couple of MacGyver-like ideas, I got it installed. Keep in mind, I am a 24 year old woman who isn't very handy with screws/drills and I was able to install it by myself (utilizing my friends, duct tape and linoleum blocks) and received only a couple bruises.

It cooled my bedroom quickly and I was expecting the noise to be louder, so I was surprised it was only slightly annoying at first. But as I grew up with central air, I suppose it will take some time to get used to even a quiet a/c. I really like the "follow me" remote control and the timer function. I did some extensive research before purchasing a unit, and this is by far the best I found for the features and the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment