Saturday, July 13, 2013

Reliable EV1 Enviromate Tandem Steam Cleaner and Vacuum

Todays date is Sept. 21 2012. I just purchased the Enviromate TANDEM EV1 and will be doing a full review on this product. Hopefully it will remain a 5 star when I'm done. I purchased this in hopes it will cut hours of cleaning time down and actually do a better job than other vapor cleaning machines on the market. This one has an extractor which was the selling point for me. You can control the steam vapor for more delicate surfaces like wall to wall vs tile etc. I love the idea of cleaning with steam vapor but don't like the fact you need to vacuum later to remove your dirt. This is an all in one machine! It will take a while for my review. I ordered this product from Canada directly because the additional tool I wanted which was the Turbo Brush Tool was not available on Amazon. I am really looking forward to using this product!

Sept 29,2012 I have had a chance to use the Tandem EV1 and I am very happy with this machine. It does everything it says it does and is built solid. Easy to use. There are many attachments with it. I used it on my wall to wall which takes a while but the end result is beautiful. Tile cleans up perfectly and it saved me tons of time and my back! The boiler beeps when you need to add water so you don't have to worry about overheating. The machine won't produce steam if water level is low so it's designed for safety. The hose isn't cool to touch but not hot either. It's similar to my Jiffy Clothes Steamers hose. I can't say enough about the quality. The parts all fit correctly and have locks to keep them in place. It seems like it will last a long time. I tried it on glass mirrors, tile and carpeting so far. I'll detail the car with ease as well now too. I will also use it in the garage on the concrete floor later instead of bleach mopping. The steam can be used with different attachments to break down spills in your garage but use a mop to clean up solvents, oil and gas. Solvents in your machine would ruin it. I love the turbo brush tool that I payed extra for. It speeds up cleaning wall to wall in some areas. It also comes with a nice accessory bag. Customer service is excellent too. SMALL SLEEK LITTLE MACHINE! Oh Yes...one more thing. I didn't use 1 cleaner and my things look better than ever. Amazing! That will save a ton.

10/03/12 Used on indents in carpet from previous furniture and their gone. I tried on a puppy pee accident. Blotted and pre treated with Natures Miracle while setting up machine. I used the Tandem for 10 minutes on and off then finished with Jiffy fabric freshener and repeated with the Tandem. Smells fresh now. I'll check it tomorrow. Puppy urine is tough to get out no matter what so I won't be suprised if my dog still smells it. While steam cleaning wall to wall position the tank by hand. Pulling on the hose line causes it to pull out of it's socket. No harm done...no steam shooting out anywhere so it was fine. The wheels are very nice and work on smooth surfaces great. Might be helpful to put a locking switch on that part too but it isn't a big deal. Play with the tools and find your favorite one. There are quite a number of them. The smaller tools give you more suction power so tight corners come clean easy. You can freshen up mattresses with this too. If you happen to have an unfortunate infestation I'm sure this will take care of it. It would definitely boil a flea, bedbug or a louse on the move. YUCK! Hopefully the price will come down so everyone can afford one easily though! It was like purchasing three or four steam cleaners at once. I have gone through six in 18 years so I have spent a ton in products due to kids and pets.

Tips: Let the vapor sit for a little bit before extracting. It cleans much better that way. Great on Oriental rugs. My choice for attachments for stairs and scatter rugs has to be part #30. It's edge is flexable and did a quicker job on the stairs. It's small so it also increases the extraction quite a bit. For spots I found leaving the vacuume on while steaming worked fast.

Save $0.99 Off

No comments:

Post a Comment